Job Number 20009340
Job Category Human Resources
Location Sheraton Grand London Park Lane| Piccadilly| London| Greater
London| United Kingdom
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
_Please note that this is a Maternity Cover position (12 months)_
The Learning and Development Executive for Central London Hotels| will partner
with and assist the Learning and Development Manager in the organisation and
delivery of training and learning and development (L&D) initiatives for
associates at five properties (currently the scope includes the Sheraton Grand
London Park Lane| Le Meridien Piccadilly| W Leicester Square| Park Tower
Luxury Collection| Aloft London Excel) and in our Marriott London Complex
The candidate will design and coordinate training to make sure associates have
the tools they need to carry out their jobs effectively| both now and in the
future. With the Learning and Development Manager you will contribute in the
design of the overall L&D strategy| and make sure that the departments are
aligned to training budgets each month.
The candidate will also ensure each department has a motivated departmental
trainer who is responsible for ensuring that their teams are aware of training
opportunities and that is provided to them. They will meet them on a regular
basis and make sure they are up to date on L&D progress and new initiatives|
as well as working closely with all Heads of Department to identify training
needs| and to evaluate training after its been delivered.
The role will deliver and manage company initiatives and programs such as
Service Culture training across the different properties and brands| as well
as a plethora of other Marriott International training programmes and ensuring
completion targets are met.
Alongside the Learning and Development Manager| you will design and develop
training materials for new courses and roll them out accordingly in the
hotels. Inventing new training methods| experimenting with new technology and
keeping on top of trends in Learning & Development will be a focus in this
Specific contributions to include the following| at a minimum:
· In conjunction with the L&D Manager| develop an effective annual Training
Plan which meets the needs of associates as outlined in appraisals and assists
the locations achieve goals and objectives and per the annual business plans.
· Liaise with Heads of Departments on a regular basis regarding specific
training requirements within their Departments| regarding attendance at
planned training courses and develop training actions as required.
· Assist the L&D Manager to publish an annual and quarterly calendar of
training courses and ensure maximum attendance through clear communication
liaising with Heads of Department on a regular basis.
· Develop and conduct training courses scheduled in the training calendar|
tailoring courses where appropriate to meet requirements of the London hotels
· With support of the L&D Manager| ensure all training expenses are kept in
line with the Training budget| adjusting planned expenses / actions in line
with changing requirements.
· Create a proactive training approach that drives the improvement of the
hotels’ service quality scores.
· Take full responsibility for on-boarding/orientation program (permanent and
casual induction) tailoring the program to meet departmental requirements| as
well as brand expectations per hotel.
· In conjunction with the L&D Manager| analyse the outputs of the annual
performance appraisal/management process in line with Marriott policy| to
identify training needs analysis and areas of focus for future development and
implementation. Identify and prepare for all Marriott CORE training program
enrollments for all in-scope Managers as required. In partnership with the HR
team| support with any training for managers who complete the performance
· Ensure the effective roll-out and full uptake of all Marriott training
initiatives (such as myLearning| CORE Programmes| LPA optimisation) through
provision of effective training and coaching of associates.
· Liaise with the Security Department to ensure all Fire Life Safety| First
Aid and other H&S/ Security training requirements are carried out in
accordance with legislation and Marriott guidelines.
· Liaise with the F&B Department to ensure all Food Hygiene and Food Allergy
training requirements are carried out in accordance with legislation and
· As required| assist the HR team at quarterly staff meetings to share key L&D
updates and enhance employee engagement.
· Develop effective links with partnership organizations such as Universities
and Colleges| Training Providers| Marriott Corporate L&D Europe COE & W1 HR
and Training Managers| etc.
· Maintain accurate and up to date records of all training activities and
provide management information regarding training needs to key department
heads. Ensure all employee training requests are responded to in a timely
manner and follow up is conducted where appropriate.
· In conjunction with Heads of Department| create effective development plans
for associates| identifying key training requirements and cross training
· Monitor the effectiveness of pre- and post course briefings to ensure
maximum benefit from training courses and identify future training needs.
· Support the company’s Apprenticeship programme| maintain records of
participants and monitor their progress from start to finish.
· Supporting department training and on the job training (dept. induction|
dept. trainers| dept. SOPs) and ensure consistency and quality of training.
· Support the Voyage program and ensure all designated mandatory training is
planned and completed.
· Give guidance and keep up to date on Marriott SOPs & MIPs| (especially L&D
· Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by the company and supports
ongoing projects| initiatives and training/education to all stakeholders as
assigned to meet all business needs and goals of the function.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE| SKILLS| EXPERIENCE AND
Skills and Knowledge
· Demonstrated experience interacting effectively as a team member with all
levels of associates; ability to build and maintain effective relationships
with a broad group of stakeholders
· Able to influence| drives ideas and effectively address issues guiding
others toward the accomplishment of identified goals
· Knowledge of any labour laws and governmental regulations around learning
and development and HR in general
· Strong training and facilitator skills; knowledge of various training
· Strong planning| organizing and event management skills
· Strong associate relation skills with passionate energy and Marriott culture
· Strong analytical skills; can quickly analyze situations
· Ability to use standard software applications and hotel/office systems
particularly MS Word| Excel| PowerPoint
· Ability to use all forms of Social Media – i.e. platforms such Facebook|
LinkedIn| Twitter – for engagement and outreach
· Ability to creatively execute against a strategy and drive results
· Ability to take constructive| remedial or pro-active action without relying
· Ability to network and build relationships
· Exercises flexibility and good judgment| rather than rigid adherence to
procedures in order to accomplish goals
· Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst
options where there is uncertainty|
ambiguity or risk. Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Strong communication skills (verbal| listening| writing| and presenting).
Must be proficient in verbal and written English language
· Actively seeks learning. Enhances personal| professional and business growth
through new learning and experience
· Demonstrated ability to consult with HR colleagues and business leaders on
complex business issues
· Experience with both divisional and hotel based projects and 3rd party
vendor relationship management
· Proven ability to use metrics and data analysis effectively
· Ability to demonstrate financial awareness and implications on a multi-
· Knowledge of L&D technologies and systems
· Willing to travel to hotels to complete daily duties as required
· Bachelor’s Degree| High School Diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
· 2-3 years of progressive experience in Human Resources in a large complex
organization. On property hospitality| operational and/or corporate head
office experience with high level stakeholders preferred
· Previous experience in luxury hotel environment desirable
· Previous experience and/or strong interest in the field of learning and
development/training an advantage| as well as previous experience in HR or a
· Previous experience and track record of managing medium to large size
projects and/or leading process improvement efforts using data and analytics
· All associates must maintain a neat| clean and well-groomed appearance per
Marriott London Complex standards.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies
· This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job
functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time