Job Number 1900194V
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Meridien Piccadilly| 21 Piccadilly| London| Greater London|
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Position responsible for assigned food and beverage/culinary operations.
Oversees guest and employee satisfaction| maintaining standards and meeting or
exceeding financial goals.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
· Experience in Conference and Banqueting Operations
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Food and Beverage Team
· Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation|
empowerment| teamwork| continuous improvement and a passion for providing
· Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
· Responds quickly and proactively to employee|s concerns.
· Uses coaching skills throughout the property.
· Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as
· Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
· Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
· Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
Management of Conference and Banqueting Operations
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and
expectations and how to exceed them.
· Responds quickly and proactively to guest|s concerns.
· Understands the brand|s service culture.
· Ensures that all employees| team leaders and managers understand the brand|s
· Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
· Empowers employees to resolve guest needs.
· Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has
been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
· Follows up to ensure complaints have been addressed to the guest|s
· Develops a relationship with all guests to build repeated clientele
internally and externally.
Contributing to Human Resource Activities
· Ensures employees receive continuous training on service excellence and menu
· Provides service training to all employees through local classes| trainers
and other Corporate training services.
· Implements property emergency plan and ensures employees are trained on this
· Provides a safe working environment through on-the-job training and JSA (Job
Additional Responsibilities as Assigned
· Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
· Assists GM as needed with annual Quality audit.
· Adaptability – Determines how change impacts self and others; displays
flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for
change and how it impacts the workplace.
· Communication – Customizes approach to conveying complex information
and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately
interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to
· Problem Solving and Decision Making – Models and coaches others on
breaking complex issues into manageable parts| identifying and evaluating
alternatives and their implications before making decisions| and involving and
gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
· Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and
represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams – Leads and participates as a member
of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while
fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self
and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates| focuses|
and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment
goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to
set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work
requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is
· Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds
openness| trust| and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
· Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on
an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s
· Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse
styles| abilities| motivations| and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
differences to drive innovation| engagement and enhance business results; and
ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of team
assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals
of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals
develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities
to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to
manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team|
business| and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and
knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday
business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-
specific work challenges
o Food Production and Presentation – Knowledge of techniques and
equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal)
for consumption| including storage/handling techniques and sanitation
standards. Willingness to adhere to internal company standards.
o Food and Beverage Marketing – Knowledge of local and internal marketing
efforts to drive revenue. Develops and executes marketing plans using relevant
information as appropriate such as feedback gathered from customers.
o Food and Beverage Inventory – Knowledge of procedures and techniques
for food storage and rotation| quality assurance audit requirements|
merchandising food products| inventory and supply storage| and shift
o Food and Beverage Sanitation – Knowledge of procedures and techniques
for kitchen maintenance| cleaning| and use of sanitation systems; use of
grease trap; trash compactor(s)| Baler operation| dish machines| and other
equipment. Knowledge of techniques for care and cleaning of silver| stainless
steel| and dish machines.
o Bar Concepts – Promotion of beer| wine| and spirits to drive awareness
and sales; marketing restaurant and bar concepts and events; knowledge of
industry trends in food| beverage| and design to maintain competitive.
o Coffee and Tea Service – Knowledge of coffee and coffee equipment and
procedures for brewing and preparing coffee and specialty drinks;
understanding of coffee break standards and service.
o Dining – Knowledge of procedures and techniques for seating guests;
menu content and creation; MICROS system; taking dining and room service
orders; doorknob menus; room service delivery| etiquette| safety| and
security; amenity process and delivery; food and beverage service standards|
service cart setup.
o Restaurant/Event Room Operations – Knowledge of procedures for managing
restaurant room set-up| management of host/hostess station| maintenance of
fine silver| setting tables| break down of room| management of coat check|
management of staff/associates| creation of checklists| audits| LSOPs| and
maintenance of a high quality dining environment (music| lighting|
temperature)| as well as opening and closing.
· Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software
(e.g.| personal computers| word processing software| Internet browsers| etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add| subtract|
multiply| or divide quickly| correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve
o Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences
and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the
needs of the audience.