Job Number 20005283
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Park Tower Knightsbridge| a Luxury Collection Hotel| London|
101 Knightsbridge| London| Greater London| United Kingdom
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and
resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most
enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our
guests| these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their
spirits| enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone
with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide
genuine| personalized| and anticipatory service| then we invite you to join us
on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Entry level management position that is responsible for leading and assisting
with the successful completion of daily shift requirements. Front office areas
include Bell/Door Staff| Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Strives to
ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supports all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Coaches| counsels and encourages employees.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or
Front Desk Manager.
• Guides daily Front Desk shift operations.
• Communicates performance expectations to employees in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and
consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Trains staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce
bad debts and rebates.
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property
• Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implementing the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a
successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest
preferences and aid in problem resolution.
Supporting Handling of Human Resource Activities
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
• Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updating the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
• Understands the functions of the Bell Staff| Switchboard and Concierge/Guest
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.