Job Number 19077199
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location London Marriott Hotel County Hall| The County Hall| London|
Greater London| United Kingdom
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
To own the Front of House lobby area| being strategically located primarily in
the Front entrance/Lobby to supervise the operation of the Concierge| Door &
Engage hotel guests to enhance the entire Front of House service experience
from arrival| during the stay until departure| through activation of all areas
(e.g.| Lobby| Noes Lobby| Front Entrance| etc.).
Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or services (e.g.|
transportation| reservations| dry cleaning) by making arrangements or
identifying appropriate providers. Respond to special requests from guests
with unique needs and follow up to ensure satisfaction. Gather| summarize| and
provide local area knowledge to inform guests about the property and the
surrounding area amenities| including special events and local activities.
Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g.| Bell person| Housekeeping|
Food & Beverage Server) as necessary to resolve guest call| request| or
NB: _The Assistant FOH Manager/Concierge will be required to cover concierge
tasks and duties| however| will be primarily based in the lobby| especially
during peak times._
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full-Time position based at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall.
Previous experience working within a similar environment essential
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal| listening| writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
Good level of English essential
_The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:_
1. Ensure full pro-active leadership of associates and ownership of entire Front of House zone/areas and guest experience within the area/zone| from arrival to during stay and until departure.
2. Prepare yourself for your daily shift by ensuring that all information is passed on between the Front Desk and concierge on duty.
3. Ensure best possible two-way communication with associates and managers: striving to keep associate morale high. Motivate and provide a working environment in which associates are productive.
1. Keep up to date with latest trends in regard to activities and the restaurant and bars in London
1. Communicate all new policies and procedures to associates and maintain continued follow up.
1. Monitor guest Voice| Empower and ensure all QC standards are maintains.
2. Perform all duties of the Door person| Bell person and Concierge.
1. Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
1. Handle any guest problems or complaints in a professional and hospitable manner. Ensure they are resolved and followed through using the LEARN and Service Excellence process. Encourage the associates to empower themselves. Ensure complaints are tracked using the Guest Response programme.
1. Understand the Hotel’s fire and safety procedures. To undergo training in all fire and security measures every quarter. Ensure fire procedures are understood and training attended by all concierge associates.
1. Maintain very close communication with Duty Managers| Assistant and Front Office Managers.
1. Ensure fair appraisals are completed on time.
1. Accurate scheduling to meet the demands of the hotel.
1. Take an active role in the interviewing process.
1. Actively support and deliver the Daily basic and 15-minute daily to the Concierge team.
1. Ensure that a good relationship is maintained with other departments.
1. Ensure Front of House associates adhere to high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times.
1. Ensure scheduling| Kronos and forecasting are accurate and up to date
1. Place Purchase Orders via Birch Street
Safety and Security
Report work related accidents| or other injuries immediately upon occurrence
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to
ensure a clean| safe| and secure environment.
1. Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g.| evacuations| medical
emergencies| natural disasters).
2. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures
1. Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
2. Ensure uniform| nametags| and personal appearance are clean| hygienic| professional and in compliance with
3. company policies and procedures.
4. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
5. Follow company and department policies and procedures.
6. Protect company tools| equipment| machines| or other assets in accordance with company policies and
8. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 39 hours per week.
All Marriott International Training Schemes
# Working Conditions:
All Associates are provided with a Marriott Uniform including; Trousers/Skirt|
Shirt/Blouse| Waistcoats and Jackets (Where Necessary).
All associates are expected to wear the correct uniform| and their name badge
at all times. You are required to maintain high standards of personal hygiene|
ensuring that you are always clean and well turned out during your working
hours. In the eyes of the guest| you represent Marriott.
# Social Conditions:
To be based mainly within the Housekeeping area| but to remain mobile around
the whole of the hotel
All Associates are entitled to a free meal on duty| in the associate canteen;
Annual holiday pay; Changing Facilities; Uniform Dry-Cleaning Facilities; A
Marriott Worldwide Discount Card (after completion of the Marriott 90 days
training scheme); Company Pension Scheme| after six months of service &