Job Number 20021974
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Grosvenor House London| 86 Park Lane| London|
Greater London| United Kingdom
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Beverage Associate will be expected to achieve service standards on the
bars during events. The job responsibilities will include; working with the
supervisors and colleagues to ensure a quick| efficient service and assisting
and serving guests at the bars throughout events.
A proactive approach should be adopted towards business efficiencies| whilst
developing the product and product delivery| to ensure it is in keeping with a
standard that is corresponds with a 5 star hotel.
· Previous experience working within food & beverage or similar environment
_SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE_
· Good communication skills (verbal| listening| writing).
· Pro-active and reliable.
· Able to work within a team.
· Able to work in a busy environment.
· Education or Certification.
· Good level of English essential.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
_The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to
the successful performance of the position:_
· Arrive on duty at the required time and to adhere to the company grooming
· Preparation of equipment.
· Polishing glasses.
· Setting up trays for drink reception.
· Handling cash.
· Dealing with Micros and taking payments with PDQ.
· Assisting in the cleanliness of the bar.
· Ensure a timely and friendly service.
· Keeping all work and guest areas clean and presentable.
· Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner.
· Helping to manage stock on the bars and communicating with supervisors with
· Completing wastage sheets.
· Be familiar and ensure that Marriott’s Health and Safety policy is adhered
to at all times.
· Treat all colleagues and guests in a polite and courteous manner.
· To make sure that every guest leaves satisfied.
· To ensure a high standard of service is consistently provided to guests.
· To report all equipment malfunctions and maintenance to a Supervisor /
· Ensure that no complaints are received in regard to company procedure|
attitude or poor customer care.
· Any other reasonable request made by management.
_HEALTH AND SAFETY_
· Be familiar with all Health and Safety instructions relevant to your area of
· Adhere to all current legislation pertaining to fire| health and safety in
connection with the Conference and Banqueting Department.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours