Job Number 19000UZP
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Europe Office – London| London| Greater London
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Market Sales Leader provides leadership and direction to area leaders to
grow account share and drive revenue across all brands in alignment with
regional priorities and overall segment strategies. The primary responsibility
is to set sales targets at the market and sales area level and provide
direction to the area leadership teams to achieve assigned revenue goals. The
Market Sales Leader will liaise closely with leaders of the Enterprise Sales
team to ensure pull-through of segment strategies and partner with the
regional leadership team and General Managers to ensure hotels within the
market attain and grow sales/revenue objectives. The position will closely
partner with the Sales Office leadership to ensure successful execution of the
sales strategy relating to transactional excellence. The position will have
ultimate accountability for achieving market revenue goals| team booking pace
goals| guest and associate satisfaction and overall financial performance of
hotels within their market.
Education and Experience
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
· 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
· Proven leadership skills in supervising and managing associates.
· Lodging sales experience.
· Account management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The Market Sales Leader has overall responsibility to lead the area sales
teams towards the execution of overall account strategy| business generation
and team and hotel revenue goal attainment. Overall| the position is
accountable for the following:
Sales and Marketing Leadership
· Manage and direct the area leadership team and promote accountability to
drive superior business results within the market. Includes successful
execution of segment strategies by proactively targeting current and new high
value accounts in the market and implementing effective sales deployment
strategies to grow market share.
· Direct sales associates to address the Sales and Marketing implications of
business opportunities and risks; proactively partner with key stakeholders
(segment leaders| sales office leadership| regional leaders) in account
planning and determining strategy execution approaches for their market.
· Ensure that market Sales and Marketing strategies and programs are in
alignment with regional Sales and Marketing strategic priorities and overall
segment strategies. Track account growth and profitability to positively
influence customer purchasing behavior.
· Partner with the Sales Office leadership team to develop successful sales &
marketing strategies and solutions; ensure transactional excellence in all
aspects of lead processing.
· Coordinate and deploy sales resources in the market to ensure pull-through
and sustainment of segment strategies and selling solutions. Develop a close
working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the
· Set performance targets that focus market sales associates to grow account
share and local hotel revenues; manage and direct market sales strategies to
include opportunity management| account management| local and social catering|
business transient (BT) and extended stay sales.
· Proactively manage relationships with key market stakeholders to ensure
ongoing support for market sales strategies. Update and communicate these
strategies as market conditions fluctuate.
· As the market discipline leader| provide functional and business expertise
and strategic perspective to develop and implement profitable revenue streams.
· Serve as the market|s change agent and play a key leadership role in driving
the implementation| pull-through and sustainment of Sales Transformation and
related programs and key initiatives (e.g.| CI/TY| etc.).
· Play a strong leadership role with market and regional Marcom leadership by
surfacing needs within the market; provide input to the marketing strategy and
ensure hotel brand standards compliance within their market.
· Establish strong partnerships between the field and corporate by maintaining
a productive dialogue and exchange of ideas.
· Perform other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
· In partnership with Revenue Management| develop business sales strategy to
achieve area and property goals; utilize the property sales review process to
maximize revenue and profits.
· Partner with Revenue Management for the annual pricing process| request for
proposal (RFP) and development of the marketing business plan.
· Monitor local business outlook and consult with Revenue Management on
· Appropriately monitor all hotels in the market with a special emphasis on
high priority hotels. Play a challenge role in the review of on-going sales &
marketing decisions and initiatives ensuring the right approaches and
resources are brought to bear on overall business challenges and
opportunities. Engage and drive solutions for hotels that are not performing
· Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
· Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling expenses
and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
· Develop franchise and owner relationships as it relates to the Sales &
Marketing discipline and the continual selling of Marriott|s competitive
advantages. Ensure that owners & franchisees are considered partners in
designing/implementing key initiatives.
· Support hotel development efforts within their market to gainfully grow the
Marriott International Brand; provide input| as required| to the feasibility
of projects| pro-forma development and approval| and sales and marketing plan
development and execution in new and converted hotels.
· As appropriate| develop actionable recommendations and responses to optimize
performance and drive growth and profitability.
· Partner with Human Resources to attract| develop and retain the right people
in order to support the strategic priorities of the market. Ensure effective
structures| processes| jobs and performance management systems are in place.
Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the LPP| align performance
and rewards| appropriately address performance issues and hold staff
accountable for successful results.
· Forecast talent needs and manage talent acquisition strategy with HR to
minimize lost time due to turnover.
· Keep an active list of the competition|s best sales people and execute a
recruitment and acquisition plan with HR.
· Champion leadership development and workforce planning priorities by
assessing| selecting| retaining and developing diverse| high-caliber talent
that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for
the future; continue to upgrade the sales & marketing talent; work with HR to
anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
· Identify| train and mentor sales & marketing leaders.
· Transfer functional knowledge and develop sales and marketing skills of
other discipline managers