Job Number 19108907
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Grosvenor House London| 86 Park Lane| London|
Greater London| United Kingdom
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Plays a significant role in maximizing financial performance and attracting
hotel and non-hotel guests by understanding the local market and partnering
with the culinary leadership to effectively position the outlet. Supervises
daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning| maintains
sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak
meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction.
Determines training needed to accomplish goals| then implements plan.
Education and Experience
• H High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Taking an Entrepreneurial Approach to Driving the Restaurant Business
• Understands financial opportunities by surveying restaurant demand.
• Partners with key individuals in the local community to assess
• Identifies and analyzes competitors.
• Controls purchases and inventory by negotiating prices and contracts|
developing preferred supplier lists| reviewing and evaluating usage reports|
and taking corrective action.
• Applies sound revenue management strategies to secure the right level of
business at the most optimal time to yield maximum revenues.
Leading Significant Marketing/Public Relations/Media Activities
• Oversees the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with the either the
Hotel General Manager/ Manager or Director of Operations and Hotel/Brand
Marketing teams including Destination Restaurant Chef| if applicable.
• Supports on-site/off-site public relations opportunities to promote the
• Creates and executes against the restaurant-related social media posts and
public event communications| monitors social media activity| responds to
comments| analyzes posts/trends| and corrects deficiencies.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for restaurant events.
• Participates in local networking activities| which are often off-property|
in support of the restaurant.
Managing Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Supervises and manages employees.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant| bar/lounge and
room service areas.
• Conducts daily |taste panels| to educate| drive sales and create sales
• Monitors appropriateness of ambiance/atmosphere (e.g.| lighting| music|
table-top| etc.) restaurant concept| positioning| time of day| etc.
• Monitors compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Monitors adherence to liquor control policies and procedures.
• Maintains and monitors all collateral| menus and guest touch points such
that all are pristine and free of tears| stains and noticeable wear and tear.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service for compliance with local laws.
• Monitors compliance with all food & beverage policies| standards and
procedures| including food handling and sanitation standards.
• Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand
• Advocates sound financial/business decision making.
• Manages day-to-day operations so that customer expectations of quality and
standards are meet on a daily basis.
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
• Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Assistant Restaurant
• Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and
payment of invoices.
Fostering an Environment that Creates Exciting and Memorable Guest
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants..
• Addresses guest problems and complaints.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to
obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage| service levels and overall
• Verifies corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
• Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point
of entry to departure (e.g.| greeting from hostess| speed of order taking and
food and beverage delivery| fulfillment of special requests| collection of
payment & invitation to return).
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource and Talent Management Activities
• Actively participates in the hiring process to identify the right talent to
support the outlet|s concept.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| develops formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaches or instructs others.
• Facilitates the fair and equal treatment of employees.
• Strives to improve employee retention.
• Monitors employee attendance of on-going training to understand guest
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Encourages recognition of employees across areas of responsibility.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and encourages employees do the same within the team.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and the work.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
• Demonstrates honesty/integrity and models appropriate behaviors by leading
by example and serving as a role model.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches| mentors| or
otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Provides the leadership| vision and direction to bring together and
prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and
• Manages staffing levels to meet guest service standards| operational needs|
guest service| and financial objectives.
• Provides work-related training| supervising| follow-up and hands-on
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends
in the restaurant industry| attending educational workshops| reviewing
professional publications| establishing personal networks| and/or benchmarking
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and