Job Number 19167028
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London GSO| 86 Fetter Lane| London| Greater London| United
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
Groups & Leisure Desk Team Manager| manages a team of Sales Support Executives
to execute the merchandising of group| business transient and/or extended stay
sales opportunities globally by using Marriott|s sales information systems and
technology| as well as reporting support| and/or general administrative
support as needed. In addition to the team management responsibilities| the
Team Manager might also be required to support the team with merchandising
group leads worldwide .
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work| Projects and Policies
• Manage all direct reports to support the Global Sales Organization through
effective evaluation| response| coordination and closure of sales
• Regular 1-2-1 meetings will all direct reports
• Monthly Team meetings
• Weekly Pow-wow meetings
• Weekly reporting
• Recruitment & interviewing
• Evaluating processes| look at best practices and suggest changes when
• When required| evaluate| qualify and respond to leads in a professional and
Majority of communication will be via telephone| email and internal sourcing
systems. During the inquiry process act as the liaison between the customer
and hotel(s) to present rate proposals| maximize or convert potential
bookings| and close the sale. Generate contracts to finalize sales
transactions . Ensure business is transitioned to designated property
appropriately and in a timely manner for proper service.
• Participate in project and executing activities that support strategic
account management and team-based sales models.
• Join sales managers on sales calls| as appropriate.
• Provide reporting support| and/or general administrative support| as needed.
Maintaining Business Goals
• Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in
SFAWEb / ISAC and alternate information systems to ensure accurate reporting.
• Assist with the closing of business opportunities to ensure team and
departmental goals are met.
• Generate and organize sales reports utilizing internal data systems (e.g.
• Support operating budgets and venue targets to support the GSO business
• Monitor and evaluate GSO office processes and procedures; recommend
improvements as necessary.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline/Functional Knowledge
• Use standard software applications such as MS Office| SFAWeblCl/TY| ISAC
• Act decisively to recover from mistakes. Know how to
develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve a leader.
• Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Contributing to Teams
• Navigate the Ml organization to achieve collaboration by leveraging
relationships and knowledge.
• Identify and cultivate relationsh ips with key colleagues and stakeholders
in other parts of the organization.
• Work effectively in a virtual team-based environment.
• Provide supervision and promote accountability to drive superior business
results to achieve and/or exceed established goals.
• Collaborate with management to develop and execute ideas and procedures| and
set goals to continuously improve department performance.
• Celebrate successes and publicly recognize the contributions of team
members; ensure recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
• Ensure self and direct reports attend appropriate core training classes.
• Interview and hire team members with the appropriate skills to meet the
business needs of the operation.
• Administer the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
Develop business goals and create appropriate development plans. Assist
associates based on their individual strengths| development needs| career
aspirations and abilities.
• Actively solicit associate feedback| utilize an |open door| policy and
review associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate
problems or concerns. Ensure associates are treated fairly and equitably.
Constantly strive to improve associate retention. Bring issues to the
attention of Human Resources and department leader as necessary.
• Prepare| edit and proofread written documents (e.g. daily logs| business
letters| memoranda| reports| etc.) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Express oneself clearly| concisely and effectively through written and
• Approach opportunities with a positive| open-mind.
• Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve
departmental processes and programs that will enhance team productivity and/or
• Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of
authenticity and ethical standards.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Perform special projects and other duties| as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management plus a minimum of 2 years relevant
work experience in a related field; OR a minimum of 4 years experience in
Sales and Marketing| Guest Services| Front Desk or related field| required.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• The role is based at the Global Sales Office in London
Certifications Earned on the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)