Job Number 19103046
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location London Marriott Hotel Park Lane| 140 Park Lane| London| Greater
London| United Kingdom
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations
during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and
service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property
management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally
assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 2 years
experience in the guest services| front desk| housekeeping| or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
• Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed
(grooming standards in employee handbook).
• Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
• Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Reviews financial statements| sales and activity reports| and other
performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine
areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly
from guests or from Guest Relations.
• Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all
invoices due below 60 days.
• Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and
rebates on a timely basis.
• Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
• Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and
• Manages employee hours.
• Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement
action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Supporting Human Resources Activities
• Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
• Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures| standards| or
• Assists supervisors in handling employee performance issues (e.g.|
performance reviews| counseling| and recommendations).
• Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Encourages employee relations through gifts| parties| outings.
• Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the
• Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.