TheBiltmore| Mayfair is set to open in June 2019| after undergoing amulti-
million-pound redevelopment| as the first LXR hotel in Europe andHilton|s new
luxury collection – LXR Hotels & Resorts.
Thisluxury hotel| situated on a super prime location in the heart of Mayfair
onGrosvenor Square| will offer 257 luxuriously appointed guest rooms as well
as51 highly-curated and beautifully designed suites| which will reflect
theproperty|s origin as a sophisticated and elegant London private residence.
TheBiltmore| Mayfair will boast new culinary concepts headed
byinternationally-renowned chefs| an all-year round alfresco terrace|
anexclusive cocktail bar and a large gymtech fitness suite. In addition|
thehotel will showcase an impressive 500 sqm ballroom and various smaller
functionsuites up to 100 guests.
Why join The Biltmore| Mayfair as a Sommelier?
• It|s your world– Your next role could be as an Assistant Head Sommelier or
HeadWaiter| or why not move into a different department like Front Office|
Accountsor Human Resources in over 100 different countries
• Personal Development programmes for Supervisors and Managers
• Worldwide travel perks – up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme|
discounteddental and health cover| and high street discounts
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Service charge and tips
What will it be like to work for LXR Hotels &Resorts?
LXR Hotels & Resorts is Hilton|s luxurycollection brand| with each location
offering a singular travel experiencenative to its place| history| and
tradition. Found in the world|s most alluringdestinations| LXR Hotels &
Resorts immerse you in truly profound travelexperiences.
TheBiltmore| Mayfair will be fit for royalty| well-travelled guests from
around theworld and senior corporate executives and guests will experience
first-classservice distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to personalised
attention andluxurious yet locally immersive experiences for our guests
What will I bedoing?
• Provide professional and current knowledge of wines to guests
• Recommend wines to accompany relevant dishes to patrons
• Describe and up-sell wines to provide excellent customer experience
• Suggest wines to accompany new menus in line with financial budget
• Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest
• Ensure accurate billing
• Strive to achieve departmental targets
• Serve Alcoholic/non-Alcoholic beverages in conjunction with
licensing/liquorregulations for residents and non-residents
• Comply with hotel security| fire regulations and all health and
• Attend training provided by the hotel
As a Sommelier you will work 5days per week| including| but not always|
weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
• Previous experience in a similar role| preferably in the luxury market.
• Impeccable grooming standards
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional levels of service
• Ability to work on your own or in teams
To apply for this role
• We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to
youwithin the next 2 weeks. If you are successful| you will be invited for
aninterview followed by a trial shift.
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996| we do require all
applicantsto have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Documentationwill be required at interview stage